Tuesday, December 23, 2008

That Christmas Feeling

Birds flying high you know how I feel,
Sun in the sky you know how I feel,
Breeze drifting on by you know how I feel,
It's a new dawn,
It's a new day,
It's a new life,
For me,
And I'm feeling...Good.

- Michael Buble, Feeling Good

*****

I have no idea where I got that song from. It just turned up in my PC. I like it. :D In other news, my car got broken into yesterday. All they took were Adik's Christmas present from Anne, her present from Trisha's mom (I think) and my present from Trisha. There was nothing else in the car to take, so they took the Christmas presents. Sure it's funny and all to think about it if you weren't affected. But in truth it wasn't a very enjoyable experience.

I don't think I've ever been so agitated in my life. I completely lost it. There's something utterly personal about having a private space of your violated like that. And then it makes me really angry that my Adik lost her Christmas presents because of me. I can deal with not getting mine. I'm used to having crappy stuff like that happen. But Adik's presents are gone. And I couldn't shake the feeling that it was my fault. I parked there. Right there. I practically
asked whoever did it to break into the car.

It makes me think, though. What kind of a state is the world in? It's Christmas. Trish told me the other day "I like Christmas. Everyone's different at Christmas, they're nice and happy." And it's true. I see it. People smile more. They laugh more, they're more relaxed. And I don't know what it is exactly. It's not the weather. It's still hot and humid. And it's not that the economy is good or anything. It's just that everyone is happier. I doubt they realise it themselves. It's like there's something in the air that
infects people with happiness. I smile easier. I laugh more. And nothing seems to get to me. It's strange, really.

But it gets into people in other ways too. The criminals get more daring. They broke into my car in broad daylight in a crowded area with plenty of traffic. And all they took were
Christmas presents. I mean, come on. If you want something that you can sell, why are you stealing Christmas presents. It's like you're stealing something just for the sake of stealing it. I doubt you'd need a hairband, a book, and some shaving thing for women's legs that badly to break into a car and steal it. I doubt you could even sell it. It makes no sense.

I don't think I've ever been that angry in my life. Usually when I get angry, I keep quiet. Very quiet. Because that's how I deal. I keep my temper in check. But yesterday? I lost it. Shouted, swore. Everything. And yes, I'm not proud of it. I scared the people with me. I scared Trish into silence. I've never seen her that subdued. Adik cried, though she did her best not to let anyone see. Teva was just sort of sitting there, probably quietly thinking I'm a mental patient. I scared myself. In that moment, I could probably have killed someone if they'd crossed me. Or hurt them really badly, at least.

What have I learned? Don't park in the freaking park at One Utama. Ahaha. Well, that's the most practical thing. What else? I've learned that...I actually have a scary temper. And I'm glad I'm good at keeping it in check most of the time. And also lately I've been learning to not let things get to me. Happiness is a choice. And that's pretty much all there is to it.

And I can safely say I'm happy. Right now.

Christmas is in less than 12 hours.

I'll post again.

Back in a flash.

Jared

*****

In every life we have some trouble,
When you worry you make it double,
Don't worry, be happy

- Bobby McFarrel, Don'tWorry, Be Happy

1 comment:

Liz said...

What the--
That is just SICK.
rrreeeeaalllllyyyy SICK.