Friday, December 12, 2008

The Miles Are Getting Longer

"The miles are getting longer it seems,
The closer I get to you"

- Chris Daughtry, Home

*****

I'm home alone. My family is out of town until Monday.

The house is empty.

I'm lonely. Actually, I've been lonely for the past four months.

I hate this feeling.

You can't pretend. You can't hide, you can't make it go away. It's you and the stark knowledge that you are alone. Utterly and hopelessly alone.

I miss it. But I won't allow myself to be weak. I don't need it. Or her. Or you.

But it doesn't mean I'm any less lonely.

Someone talk to me...please.


It's one of those nights.


Jared

*****

"When my time comes forget the wrong that I've done,
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed,
Don't resent me,
And when you're feeling empty,
Keep me in your memory,
Leave out all the rest"

- Linkin Park, Leave Out All The Rest

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hey, man. You up at 1.00 am to type stuff in your blog? Lonely huh?
You know what everyone gets lonesome sometimes. It's the kinda thing EVERYONE goes through. At least, that's what I think. So chill, don't worry. You've got great friends (like mua ;P) who care aite? So relax. Add me on msn :) Next time can chat? Yeah?

Jared said...

Actually... it was 5am. :D Okie doke.

Anonymous said...

i 200% understand how you're feeling. i'm often alone at home too and i let my negative thoughts and feelings eat myself up. then i just feel like evaporating from this world. if you can, get out of the house, run and sweat it out whenever you're feeling like this (but you can't really do that at 5am in the morning la. haha.) and it's times like these when God is reminding us that we can depend on absolutely no one else, but Him. :)