Sunday, November 02, 2008

Thankless Work

Gordon: I didn't thank you.

Batman: And you'll never have to.

I never really realised what a sad place our world is until tonight. I mean, we all know that it's a messed up place. But a place where a girl has to hide pain that she carries inside from the people who care about her. A place where a guy isn't free to be who he is simply because other people tell him that it isn't a person the world would approve of.

I've decided that I'm going to change it. I don't know how yet. But I know that I will. Because this world isn't a place fit to raise a new generation. I don't want to see my kids grow up in a world where they have to deal with things like this. I don't want my sisters, or my adoptive sisters, or my brothers for that matter, to have to live in a world that's only going to get worse.

I've decided that this is what I was made for. To protect the most precious things this world has. It's children. It's people. Okay so I'm being melodramatic. But I've always felt that this wasn't the time I should have been born in. That I should have been born during the crusades or the Roman Empire. I should have weilded a sword, I should have fought for something I believed in.

But I can still do that today. I'll find a way to fight for what and who I believe in. I'll make this world a better place. I'll let them hear the music again.

And you, you know who you are. I'll never leave your side. I'll protect you always, you can count on that.

Je vous aime toujours,
Jared

No comments: